Thursday, September 6, 2007

Painter Alternative

Painter is a fantastic program for getting that thick, gloppy paint look for an illustration or background element, but it isn't exactly cheap for those of us who don't use it regularly. I was recently introduced to Art Rage, a simplified painter-like program that does everything I need it to - including save me money. At only $25, it is worth the purchase if you find the need for a textured look in some upcoming projects. They have a great demo that gives you access to enough of the tools to get a good feel of it, so check it out. An illustrator friend I talked to who use painter doesn't think Art Rage has everything he needs to eliminate the need for Painter, but it does handle some things better (in his opinion). For the other designer however, it is enough to create some great textured elements for your next design project. Enjoy. I'd love to see your thoughts about the two programs in the comments.

No comments: